Welcome to Our Country Home

This is a place where friends gather to share in our passion for quilting. Here you will hear stories from the Holloway family, friends, and neighbors of the shop. Stop in for a visit today.

Followers

Holloway's Country Home

East TN Shop Hop

Row By Row

AQS Chattanooga

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

CONTEST!!!!! (Contest closed July 24, 2014)

If you have been admiring the fantastic new book Gabby Quilts for Friends then this contest is for you!


Holloway's has created an adorable quilt to go along with the book.  We are giving away one copy of the book with a kit to make the quilt!

So how do you win?  Here's how.....Gabby makes a very special quilt for her friends.  In the comments below please tell us about a special quilt you have made or received.  Who was it for and why was it special?

RULES:
1) In order to enter the contest you must comment below (Comments on our Facebook page and/or emails do not count.)

2) Entries will be open until Midnight EST Thursday night (July 24, 2014)

3) Winner will be selected at random from the comments and will be announced by 10:00 AM EST Friday (July 25, 2014).

Thanks for your participation and good luck!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Last year I made Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt "Easy Street". I named my quilt "Memories of Misty" after our beloved border collie rescue who passed away while I was working on it. Misty was our first "child" that my husband and I got her while we were dating. She used to sit up in my sewing room with me late at night as I worked on my quilts and decompressed from the day raising our three young sons. She passed away suddenly last spring and I worked to finish our last quilt together. The quilt has a special place in our home and I'm sure that if I looked close enough at it I would still find some pieces of her fur. That is the most special quilt that I have made so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a special quilt for my 31st Grandchild. Baby Amelia, Mom and Dad wanted a "Winnie the Pooh" Themed baby quilt. So I started early searching for fabric for this quilt. Surprisingly "Winnie the Pooh" fabric was not so readily avalible in my local quilt stores or in the fabric chain stores so I ordered a yard each of different fabrics with pooh and friend from the internet last summer. Baby Amelia wasnt due till Nov so I had time. When on vacation last summer I was on my way to a wedding in Lynchburg VA and I happened to stop at a Local quilt shop in W VA on my way. There in their back room I found "Winnie the Pooh" fabric by the bolt for only $4 yd. the same fabric I had ordered off the internet! so I bought enough for the backing and then-some. I had been at a quilting retreat that past July and learned to make the disappearing 9 patch. Perfect for my baby quilt, to showcase my "Winnie the Pooh" fabric. I sewed up my quilt top at the retreat, layered and quilted it just before my little granddaughter arrived. I enjoyed making that quilt and the disappearing 9 patch has become my favorite pattern when I want to showcase a fabric.

    ReplyDelete